Policing as a career
Do you want to become a police officer for the Nunavik Police Service?
Do you have the following skills?
- You are able to defuse tense situations by using good communication;
- You are able to stay calm and control your emotions while under stress;
- You have a good sense of analysis and are able to adjust to changing environments.
Would you like to perform the following duties?
- Respond to emergencies when someone calls to report a crime or because there is a danger;
- Build ties with the community;
- Write reports and defend their contents if needed.
- A CEGEP diploma in the police technology;
- A diploma of basic training in police patrolling from the École nationale de police (police academy).
If you are interested in learning more about how to become a police officer, call or visit your local police office.