Changes to Nunavik Curfew
May 1, 2020
Those wishing to travel to go fishing or hunting outside the curfew hours will be permitted to do so as of today.
The KRPF continues to enforce the Nunavik-wide curfew, from 10 PM to 6 AM, for those who are not travelling for fishing or hunting reasons. The curfew was imposed as part of the measures to contain the spread of the COVID-19 virus.
The KRPF and the KRG Civil Security Section would like to remind Nunavimmiut who are planning on-the-land excursions to:
- Share with a family member or friend the planned itinerary and return time;
- Carry a communications device;
- Check the weather forecast;
- Carry essential survival equipment, such as:
- A tent and sleeping bags;
- Food for at least 48 hours;
- Extra oil and gas.