Mission Statement, Vision and Values
It is the duty of the NPS and each member thereof to maintain peace, order, and public safety in the territory, to prevent crime and infringements of the by-laws of the municipal corporations, the ordinances of the KRG, and the laws of Québec and Canada, and to seek out offenders.
The vision of the NPS is to provide the people of Nunavik with the best professional, respectful and efficient police services and to become a benchmark for police services in Inuit and indigenous communities, both in operational and administrative matters.
The NPS believes that through the application of the commonly held values described below, we will achieve excellence in policing in Nunavik
- The highest moral and ethical standards. Striving to uphold the public trust and maintain accountability to the public through all employees and volunteers.
- Our employees are the most important asset and only through teamwork, mutual respect, and cooperation can communities be best served.
- The role of the police is determined by the community it serves and it is through a partnership with the citizens that the police improves the quality of life through control and reduction of crime.
- The police and the community share in the responsibility for crime control and public safety.
- The capability to accomplish our mission is determined by the dedication to public service, diversity and quality of the work force and we seek to recruit and retain individuals who possess those qualities.
- We seek to collaborate with the communities to better understand the nature of local problems and to develop meaningful and cooperative strategies to solve these problems.
- Enhance the skills of all personnel to ensure motivation, creativity, dedication and professionalism, while creating an atmosphere of job satisfaction, enthusiasm, security and personal career development.
- Expand with maximum efficiency available resources, both personnel and financial, in order to provide optimum service to the citizens.
- State-of-the-art technologies and continuous up-to-date training in order to maintain and enhance police service delivery to the citizens.